Crafting a Mosaic Life: Managing Risk and Avoiding Burnout Through Work-life Integration
1.5 CE. $30/MPA Members, $55/Non-members.
The goal of this workshop is to help you craft a mosaic life that works for you to avoid burnout by integrating your values and priorities. Avoiding burnout and maintaining your level of professional competence allows you to provide the best care possible for your patients. The APA ethical code (Principle A: Beneficence and Non-maleficence) requires psychologists to be aware of the impact of their own mental and physical health on the care provided to clients.
Every day we are hit by new demands - Encrypt your computer and all your electronic communications! Guess what, Mom and Dad, I made the travel soccer team! The insurance company is demanding more information before they'll pay you for that session! - and that doesn't even include the on-going stress of a demanding field. So is burnout inevitable? This workshop will help you design a life that allows you to continue to practice ethically by managing risk and avoiding burnout.
You know that multiple roles mean more stress, but did you also know that research shows that people with lots of roles have more satisfying lives? A mosaic is made up of different size tiles, just as our lives are made up of different size priorities. You will learn to evaluate your current roles for their quality, and then choose the ones that work and eliminate those that don't. When you can't eliminate a role that is negative, you'll learn tips on how to transform it, so that it has a less negative impact on your life.
This webcast is designed to help you:
- Identify the fallacy of "work-life balance";
- Identify stressors that can lead to burnout and have a negative impact on your clinical work;;
- Develop strategies to evaluate your current roles, transform negative roles, and find high-quality roles and engage with them ;
- Develop a plan to construct your life in a way consistent with your deeply held values and passions, and the ethics of our profession, which will reduce burnout;
- Integrate self-care strategies into your life.
Requirements for completion: This is considered home study for reporting purposes, and in order to get CE credit you must pass the post-test (75%) and submit a completed evaluation.